Sunday, June 7, 2009

Soccer Real Game

Nettie and I have been wanting to go to a soccer game in the new Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, and I also have wanted to see David Archuleta in concert. I found out on Thursday that David was going to be singing the National Anthem at the soccer game and also giving a mini concert afterwards. So after hearing this I totally wanted to go to the game. The only hard part was getting tickets. The game was pretty much sold out because they were having Air Force week and having a fly by before the game and of course everyone LOVES David Archuleta :) Don't worry we lucked out and got tickets.

Nettie, Mary, and I before the game.



We thought it was interesting they were watering the grass before the game so I took a picture. Who would have thought they would want the grass wet.



Nettie and I made it on the jumbo screen. Can you see us??



With it being Air Force Week here in Utah they had people jump out of an airplane and land in the middle of the soccer field. One of the jumpers had the US flag attached to him. It was pretty cool to watch him fly into the stadium.


Flying into the stadium.


Almost landed. I think it is cool that they were able to land right in the middle of the stadium.



David sang the National Anthem. I recorded it to share with everyone. He did an amazing job. I don't have a steady hand so sorry for the shaking.



The soccer players. It ended in a tie 1-1.


After the game David came back out and sang four songs for us. We were a little worried the concert wouldn't happen because some big black clouds were coming in. Luckily they went around us and David was able to put on a mini concert. It was really good!!

Video of David singing Crush.

Mary and Nettie taking a pose as we left the Stadium. We all got those matching little back packs for free.


I didn't get a picture of this but I wanted to mention how cool it was to be able to see two temples from the stadium. When it got dark you could see both the Jordan River and the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple lit up. It was sooooooo pretty and made me really appreciate that I live in Utah where there is temples all around us.


Nettie probably is going to kill me for this but I had to post this picture. If you have watched the movie Holiday you will know this is Nettie being Mr. Napkin Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment