Thursday, June 25, 2009

Florida Day Three

The third day in Florida was an adventure. We decided to drive to New Orleans because it was only a 3 and half hour drive. On our drive we drove through four different states and got to experience what each state was like. I took pictures of the State Signs and then a few as we drove through it so I could remember what they were like. The first state was Alabama.
Right before you got to the Mobile, AL you had to first cross this long bridge and then at the very end you go through a tunnel. Here is a picture of the tunnel. On our way back it wasn't as busy so we all held our breath and Russ honked his horn all they way through. :)
The next state was Mississippi.

The thing I remember about Mississippi was trees, trees and more trees. It felt like we were driving in a tunnel of trees.


The other thing I remember is the awesome Outlet Mall it had. We convinced Russ our Taxi driver to stop on our way back so we could go to the Coach store.

The next state was Louisiana.


Louisiana had some cool looking bridges. The one below is really really long. The scary part was they were building a new bridge to the side of this bridge. It kind of scared us to think they were building a new bridge to replace the old one we were driving on.



These two bridges were scary too. The were really tall and it was kind of freaky driving on them.


I also wanted to take a pictures of some of the buildings. I don't' know if this apartment complex was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina and just never was worth to fix. But there was a lot of building and houses that looked like this. It kind of made me feel bad for New Orleans.

One of the main reasons we went to New Orleans was to go on an Alligator Air Boat ride. Here are some pics of our HOT Alligator adventure.

This is a picture of the swamp.


This was the first alligator we saw. She was heading right for us. On our side of the boat. Nettie and I we scared to death. I think I was pretty much sitting on the ladies lap next to me. :)

Here is a tour guide feeding the Alligator. Guess What?? Did you know Alligators like marshmallows. Ya I didn't know that. But the Alligator ate a whole bag of Marshmallows.
Here is a video of the tour guide feeding the Alligator.


Are tour guide decided he wanted to catch one of the alligators. Here is the video of him catching the alligator.



The Alligator he caught. It was scary the guide was talking and the alligator was hissing. Nettie and Mary were in the front row but they both were standing on there seats.

Here is a group picture that we took after our 2 hour HOT adventure out in the swamps.

After the Alligator adventure we went back into New Orleans and had to stop by Bourbon Street. I will have to say I really don't need to ever go back to this place. It was stinky, nasty, and 100% times worse then Las Vegas.


Here is Nettie, Mary, and Russ posing real fast on Bourbon Street.

Here are some Mardi Gras Beads. Of course we had to buy some beads for souvenirs.

Here is pic of us girls at the corner of Canal Street and Bourbon Street. We were wearing our newly purchased beads but you can't really see them that great.

We had an exhausting day if you can't tell by me and Mary's face. Nettie is just showing her happy smile that we were waiting for the truck so we could start our journey back to Florida.
Don't worry I didn't forget to take a picture of the Florida State Sign. It was dark so I made Russ stop and spotlight it so we could see it. It turned out to be a really cool looking picture.

Saturday was a long but very fun day. I was so glad we went and did the alligator thing and also got to drive through three different states. I now can say I have been to Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you guys have a blog! What a fun vacation! Where are you guys living? Summer's little girl is so adorable! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete