Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prayers are Answered!!!

I have a short story to tell you about the family dogs. My Parents went camping up Rockland on Thursday. Thursday night about ten o'clock the dogs escaped from the trailer and wandered off. My parents searched until one in the morning looking for them. It rained most of the night Thursday. Friday at one in the afternoon I got a phone call from my mom asking to pick up Drew (our younger brother) before coming up to Rockland. At the end of the conversation I asked my Mom how was there first night in the trailer. She said horrible and she would let me know when we got camping and then hung up the phone. I was a nervous wreck at work after that I was trying to figure out what could have happened. The dogs popped into my mind. My mom then called me back and the first question I asked was how are the dogs? My mom started crying and said not good. They ran away. I started crying at work. I love my dogs. She said they still hadn't found them but that they had put up missing letters at the post office and store in Rockland. She said it has been raining really bad all day. Well I cried all the way home and all the way up camping. I just kept thinking my dogs were dead. I think I prayed about five or more times that day driving to camp. When we got to camp my Dad and I went on a walk. I think he wanted to get my mind off the dogs. What a great Dad. I just couldn't imagine them wandering so far away. They are just little house dogs that had never slept outside. That night before bed I prayed that we would found our dogs. That night I had a dream that my grandma found the dogs. The next morning as we were having breakfast we were talking and about six people (Mom, Nettie, Me, Drew, Stephanie, and Grandma) all had dreams we found the dogs. After breakfast I wanted to go into town and see if anyone had called about the dogs (you don't get cell phone service up camping). As my dad and I were headed to the car we ran into some campers. My Dad asked if they had seen our dogs. To our surprise they had. They saw them Friday afternoon. I got so excited and ran and told my Mom. Everyone in camp started walking down all the many different roads in camp calling and yelling for the dogs. Not even 5 min into the search we found Max and Daisy walking down the road toward us. I'm soooo grateful we found our dogs. I LOVE them sooo much.


Here is a pic of Daisy and Max resting after their rescue. They were missing for a total of 36 hours. They were pretty dirty, exhausted, burrs all over, and we found tics on both of them other than that they were fine.

Here is a pic of Daisy tied up. We didn't want them wandering off again. I'm so grateful that our many prayers were answered this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment