Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Florida Day One

Nettie, Mary, and I decided we wanted to go on a little vacation this summer. We all wanted to go to a beach place. The first place on our list was Hawaii but that was a little pricey. So Nettie and I started thinking of where all our college friends were at these days. Our one friend Russ is doing an internship in Pensacola, FL and we decided that would be a great place to go on vacation. I took over 400 plus pictures on our Florida trip, so I have decided to break it down and post day by day what we did so you can see more pics.
We left bright and early last Thursday. Here us girls our on the plane excited for our vacation.


They served us some yummy breakfast. Milk, cereal, and a bannana. I have never been on an airplane that served you breakfast.



Our first stop in Pensacola was the Naval Museum. The Blue Angels come from Pensacola. The first thing you see when you walk into the Museum are the Blue Angel planes that you can sit in. This is me being a Blue Angel for a second.


Group pic of us being funny.


They had fun toys we could go sit on and pretend like we were little kids again.


One thing that scares me about the Ocean are sharks. So when I saw this airplane I had to get a picture of me getting eatin by a shark :) The Naval Museum was really neat and lots of fun. We didn't get to spend much time there. But I would recommend going if you ever go to Pensacola.


So as we were driving around the Naval base we found this nature trail. We decided to take a little walk since it was only a half mile. Little did we realize that when it is 95 degrees outside and 100% humidity that we would be sweating hot by the time we went a half mile :)



We had to stop and rest in the shade a few times because it got sooooo hot!!


Nettie found this really neat looking tree. The boys and her decided to climb it.


The beach wasn't on the agenda for today but we really wanted to see a beach since we were in Florida. So Russ our taxi driver :) Let us stop and see a beach for a second.



Next on the list was Music in the Park. Every Thurday night in Pensacola they have music in the park. It was really fun just hanging out, talking, playing games, and listening to music.



We even tried some Fried Oreos. They are pretty YUMMY!!



After Music in the Park we went to an Irish Pub. It was a pretty cool place. They had dollar bills hanging everywhere.


So I guess Thursday night is Ladies Night at the Pub. Which means girls drink free. Our waiter kept asking us what we wanted to drink and we kept telling him just water. He seemed a little surprised. I think he asked us like four times to make sure we didn't change our mind or something. So instead of drinking this is what we do to fit in.

Before you leave the Pub you have to sign and hang up your own dollar to add to the collection. Here us girls our posing with our dollars.


That ends our first day in Pensacola. We were super tired by the end of the night. I was surviving on only three hours of sleep. I never gotten ready for bed so fast in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment