Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rockland 2009

Every year since my Mom was a little girl her parents took her camping up Rockland Canyon. That family tradition is still going today. It is always fun to get with my Mom's side of the family and go camping. Below are pictures of our Rockland Trip.
My Parents bought a new trailer this year. It was really nice and I recommend trailer camping to everyone. :)


Friday night we hungout in my parents trailer and played Battleship.


Saturday was a pretty eventful day. Saturday was free fishing day. So the first thing we did was went fishing. Here is a picture of us girls fishing. The only thing we caught was some twig fishes :) Both Mary and I lost our hooks. Sorry Dad!!


Even though we didn't catch anything we all still had smiles!!! Don't look to close this is the second day of camping!!

Next thing on the list was to take Mary on a four wheeler ride. Mary has never been on a four wheeler. I'm glad I got to take her on her first ride.


Here is some scenery from the four wheeler ride. It was really pretty and green up in the mountains.


After the four wheeler ride we went swimming at Indian Springs. I would have to say this was the best part of camping because I was able to take a nice hot shower and wash up.



We decided to pile all the little kids in the back of Bill's truck and take a picture of them.


Saturday night the older kids played some Liars Dice.


The younger kids played some Red Rover. Notice that Bill and Drew are labeled as the younger kids :)


While we were playing games a raccoon came into camp. This picture doesn't do it justice. It was huge!!


Day 3 of Camping. Don't look to close!!


It started raining Sunday after breakfast. So we hungout in the trailer and played some games. I decided to see how many cups I could hold up to my face. This pictures is so Nettie wouldn't kill me about Mr. Napkin Head below.


Headed up to go shooting. Little Wayne loves the four wheeler so I took him up with me.


Setting up targets.


What gun should I choose??

My cute grandpa!! I Love you Grandpa!!
We are ready to start shooting some guns.

Nettie shooting Bills new gun an AR15. I think that is what it is called?? I loved this gun it was really fun to shoot.
My Grandpa has a gun that the Germans used in WWII. I think it is called an AMM Moser or something like that. This gun is really really loud and kicks pretty good. My arm was sore the next day!!
All of us girls shooting in a row. I think we all are shooting 22's.

I love camping in Rockland. We have so much fun every year. Until next year!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a very adventurous camper! I’m impressed. Usually we just sit around and do the occasional hike. I agree, trailer camping is the only way to camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Wish we could've been there!

    ReplyDelete