Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Nettie and I went home for Memorial Day weekend. On Sunday we decided we would go golfing on Monday because my Mom and Summer went over to Malad on Friday and put flowers on my grandparents graves. Well we woke up on Monday and it was raining in Soda. So no golfing for us :( The good news is my Dad decided he wanted to go over to Malad to his parents grave. We were hoping it wasn't raining in Malad. Guess what it wasn't raining in Malad. It turned out to be a nice day at the cemetery.

This is what it looked like driving over to Malad. We were worried we were going to get rained on in the cemetery.


It turned out to be nice in Malad. So we got out of the cars and took pictures.
My dad standing by his parents grave.

Mom and Dad


Nettie
Autumn



Just a side note. I have to remind people ever year on Memorial Day that they have the date of my grandpa's death wrong. It says he died on August 26 but it was actually August 24. You might find it strange that I remember this and I was only 8 at the time, but I remember because he died the day before my 9th birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a good time in Malad. Glad it didn't rain on you. Nice pictures of all of you with the headstone. Memories!!!

    ReplyDelete