Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer's Family Reunion

Summer time calls for family reunions. My grandpa Summer's side get together every other year to have a family reunion. This year we went to Island Park. Nettie and I decided to leave on Wednesday and go stay the night with Summer and Bill in Idaho Falls. The next morning we took a stop in Rexburg to go down memory lane of our college years at BYU-I. Here Nettie and I are posing in front of the BYU-I sign.

We stopped at our old complex Brookside and took a picture of our old door 209. We had a blast in this apartment with awesome roommates. We nicknamed our apartment Club 209.

We ran over to Alpine Chalet to take a picture of our home away from home. I think sometimes we spent more time at our guy friends apartment than ours. This pic is for you Russ, Matt, Mike, Jay, John, and Jared.

We had to have lunch at Craigo's. This was our favorite pizza place in Rexburg. They have the best $5 large pepperoni pizza ever. When you are a college student that is a cheap yummy meal. I think Toni and I got to the point were we could each eat half of the pizza. No wonder I was fat!!

After our quick stop in Rexburg we head to Island Park. My mom's side of the family got together and rented out a cabin. It was sooo nice and sooo much fun to all be together.

Here we are just chillin on the balcony of our cabin and eating snacks.

Summer, Nettie, and Stephanie chillin and posing for a pic.

Well for me I had an adventure while in Island Park. I think right when I stepped out of my car my eye started to guber, turn red, and hurt. It kept getting worse as the night went on and I started getting a sore throat too. I usually wear contacts and this past eye doctor appointment I got some emergency glasses. Good thing I did and also that I brought them on my trip. They came in handy. My mom and Bill made me an eye match because my eye was bugging me so bad. Here is a ridiculous picture of what I looked like.

The next morning my eye and throat still weren't better and I had a fever. Today was suppose to be the big family get together and I was sick. My mom called and got me a doctors visit for 3:30 in Ashton. The bad thing was the family get together was at 2. My mom and I got to go and visit for a little bit and eat and then we were off to the doctor. I ended up with pink eye and strep throat. So not cool!! I just want to tell my Mom thanks so much for missing out on her family and taking me to the doctors. I really appreciated it. Your the best Mom ever and I Love You to death. Here is a pic of me with my my meds at the doctors office.

Friday night Summer, Nettie, our Aunt Stephanie, and I went to Big Springs. Here is a scenery pic.

One of the highlights of Big Springs are the huge fish. We were kind of bummed because we forgot to bring bread to feed to the fish.

Nettie and I wanted to get up close and personal with the fish so we got down on our back to get a close up pic with the fish. Can you see any??

Group pic at Indian Springs. I love self timers :)

That night my dad grilled hot dogs for us. We weren't very hungry after the yummy big lunch we had earlier. Thanks Dad for making some awesome yummy hot dogs.

There was a loft in the cabin and had this cute window looking down into the family room. So we decided to take a cute sister pic.

On Saturday we went rafting. They were going to do two different runs. The first run started at 8:30 in the morning. I decided I wanted to go. We ended up having only six of us on the early morning run. The picture below is my cousin Nathan, Bill, and my Uncle John.

Here is the other half me, my cousin Brittney, and my Uncle Alan. I'm glad I woke up early we had a lot of fun.

My brother in law Bill loves to fish while we are rafting. His line got caught and he jumped out of the raft into the freezing river to go save his hook. What a crazy boy.

My cousin Nathan and Uncle John grabbed onto a near by doc so that Bill could float down to us and get back into the raft. This was the excitement for our morning rafting trip.

After our morning rafting trip we went back to the cabin to get everyone else for the second trip. Here some of us in the back of my Uncles truck getting ready to go rafting.

Raft #1 My family. Aren't we all so cute. Bill was taking the picture so he isn't in it.

Family picture of Summer, Bill, and Lilly. This was Lilly's first rafting trip at 5 months. She did an awesome job. She slept through the whole thing except for getting in and getting out. We love our Lilly she brings soo much fun to our family.

Raft #2 Some of my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.

Raft #3 Grandma, Grandpa, Uncles, and more cousins.

We came across a rope tied to a tree that you could use to jump into the river. I finally got brave and jumped in. The water was freezing butt cold. It was a lot of fun. I'm kind of upset with myself because I had a video of Nettie and I jumping in but I deleted them when I ran out of space on my memory card. Sorry Nettie, she was a little upset with me.

After rafting we headed to West Yellowstone to go to a play. We stopped at the famous resting area were fresh water comes right out of these rocks. It is some yummy water. Here is Nettie getting a cup full.

Nettie, Drew, and I went to the play Footloose with my Uncle Alan and his family. It was really run to watch. Here is a group pic outside of the playhouse.
Nettie and I had a wonderful weekend with the fam. We are so glad to be so close to our extended family. We love them all so much and enjoy spending time with them!!


  1. Don't you just love Idaho!! Sounds like such a fun trip!! Love the pics from jealous you got to eat at Craigo's!!! What about Apt 301....there were good times had there..right?? Miss you girls!!!

  2. you girls do have fun! You are all so cute .Your blog is darling. love Ya Aunt Jill

  3. Looks like you had fun! (Minus the pink eye/strep throat...) I think if I didn’t actually live in Rexburg it would be more fun to visit!

  4. We always go feed the fish when we go to Ashton! My grandparents live up there and its a tradition that has been passed on through the last few generations!!! But I learned a trick this summer from someone while we went to feed the fish. Use puppy chow. It works way better than the stays floating a lot longer so the fish have to come to the surface instead of the bread floating down to them! It works great! Glad you had a great time!