Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!

The Fourth of July was one busy day. There is nothing like being in good old Soda Springs on the Fourth of July. Our day started out at 7 am. Summer, Nettie, and I walked the 5k this year while Bill ran the 5k. Here is a pic of us girls before our long walk. Hopefully next year we will be able to run it :)


Bill ran the whole 5k and then ran back to walk with us and take pictures. He caught up to us a little after we passed the 2 mile mark. I'm glad he found us so he could take pictures.


Us girls crossing the finish line!!


After the 5k we drove home and got ready real fast for the parade. Here us girls are waiting for the parade to start.


I had to take a picture of the Cardettes. Nettie and I use to be Cardettes and had to march in the parade. The good old days.


Our home ward had a float this year. My dad is in the activities committee and so he was over the float. Here is the float my mom and him put together. We missed Dad sitting by us watching the parade, but he had to pull the float.


After the parade they have activities in the city park. Nettie and I found the jousting and had to try it out. Well in the picture below I knocked Nettie off her step and she came after me and pushed me off mine. The funny part is I totally did a flip and actually landed on the grass. Dad was a little slow in getting the picture of me falling to the ground because he was laughing so hard.


We haven't been golfing all year so we beg Dad to take us on the fourth of July. Here we are snuggling up in the golf cart.


The golf course was full so we had some time to play around. Nettie told me to lay down and be the ball so she could knock me into the water.


I had to get a picture of Summer and Bill's puppies. They are sooo cute. They still have two boys left so if anyone wants a puppy let us know.


We all gathered in the back of my Uncle Alan's truck and headed to the fireworks.


Here is a picture of our cute little cousins. After taking the picture they wanted to see it. When I showed it to them they said it looked like a pizza :)


My cute grandparents came for the fourth of July this year. It was fun to have them there.


We had everything setup when this big dark cloud started to roll in.


The wind picked up so we ran for the pavilion. Here we are hanging out until the rain stops.


It was down pouring.


It cleared up and we were able to watch the fireworks. It was freezing cold but the fireworks were awesome.

We had another great fourth of July. Thanks Mom for all the yummy food. We love coming home for your yummy cookin!!

6 comments:

  1. Cute pics! I would've ran that 5K with you guys, or walked it I guess! I didn't have a babysitter. Love the puppies we just got a shitzu and LOVE him! Cute blog! How are you two cute sisters single? You two are so much fun! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun 4th!! Kirk's aunt was at the 5k run in soda springs...random!! Love reading the blog...one of these days i'll have to start one! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture girls. They showed the storm befor the fireworks really well. We will be talking about thise fireworks for years. Its is always fun when you come home. Love ya Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of the 4th...especially the jousting and golf ball. You two crack me up!!! Too bad you didn't get a picture of Bill in his (gay) running shorts for the 5K. We had a blast with you guys..can't waiting till next week in Island Park for more good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love small town celebrations-how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh i got to love the cute pizza girls!!! LOL this is britt

    ReplyDelete